About the Pub
- Friendly local freehouse
- Real ales
- Secluded rear beer garden
- Children and dogs welcome
- Indoor skittle alley/function room
- Central location in Colyton
The Gerrard Arms is a small, friendly pub in the centre of the town of Colyton, in the heart of East Devon. It dates back to 1506 and is one of the oldest coaching inns in town, remaining largely unchanged until 1914 when the building caught fire and the original thatched roof was lost. Later, the stables were sold off, and after several refits the pub settled into its current configuration, at the time as a Charrington House.
Once visited by none other than Lawrence of Arabia (so folklore has it), the Gerrard Arms now retains the traditional feel of a pleasant country pub, whilst offering a selection of beverages only possible in a Freehouse.